Friday, November 21, 2008

Holding patterns and ballet tights

"Brie's in a 'holding pattern'." That's the official report from her urologist this morning, as a follow-up to her tests last week. She still has reflux on the left side but hasn't gotten worse and her kidneys look good. She's good for another year until the tests are repeated until, Lord willing, her reflux goes away on its own. Her Dr. said that out of 100 kids with reflux, every year 15% of them will outgrow it. Hopefully Aubreigh will be one of those than can avoid surgery. Aubreigh and Jake were so good at the doctor's office, and if it hadn't been 10 am when we were done, they would have gotten ice cream at Rite Aid for their awesome behavior! (Luckily they can't read and don't know what they're missing!)

After the Dr.'s we stopped to buy Caitlyn yet ANOTHER pair of tights. My goodness that girl goes through so many pairs now that she's dancing. I can hardly stop her from dropping to her knees and skidding on the dance floor at practice, ripping holes in the knees. After a rehearsal yesterday evening, more floor skidding and another hole in the tights, I told Caitlyn this next pair was coming out of her allowance! She has a dress rehearsal tonight and can't go "tightless." I'll post pictures later but, as it's the Waltz of the Flowers, I'm sure it will be very pink and full of yards and yards of tulle! I know this sounds silly, but this is one of the reasons I just love having a little girl. As much as she is rough on her tights, I love her immensely and am so glad God gave her to us! Six is a magical, wonderful age. When I was pregnant with her, my thoughts were geared toward a 4-6 year old child, when I knew I could reason (well, for the most part) with him or her, and develop a relationship with my child. I have to admit that I felt lonely when I first had Caitlyn. I desperately wanted to talk with her- not just to her! I know that our children are not created for us, to humor us and make us "feel good"; rather we as parents have an incredible responsibility to nurture their souls and lives and point them to Jesus...but that "perk" of a friendship with your child is a welcome one to me and makes my soul glow!

3 comments:

Stephanie Tang said...

Will you be able to record any of her performances?? I'd love to see them, since I won't be there in person. =-( Did you get my message today? I'll try calling tomorrow before rehearsal to find out what's on their wish lists.
By the way, what kind of towel did you decide to make for little baby? Or is it a surprise? I did ask Josh and of course the answer was monkey, but I'll love anything you make!!!

Anonymous said...

hmm, sounds like a gramma Chrismas thing (ballet tights!) Blessings and Hugs, Priscilla

The Scholl Family said...

Stef- I recorded the little performance she had last weekend. I'm making a monkey towel for baby, and then another kind after he/she's born if you like. I'm so honored that you want one!