Thursday, December 11, 2008

Flowers Galore!




And here are the promised Flower pictures. Technically, Caitlyn is a Dew Drop, but she is a pink dew drop nonetheless. We're getting better about putting her hair up and back. Her hair is kind of tricky to manipulate, but with lots of water and gel, we're making it work! The ballet teacher, Tammie, held a parents meeting the other night to go over all the final details for the show next weekend. Yikes! It's getting close! Starting tomorrow, they rehearse every day and start dress rehearsals at the playhouse on Monday. I signed up to help backstage for the Friday night and Saturday afternoon performances. We'll be in charge of keeping the younger girls quiet and occupied with a movie or snacks, and helping with the rapid costume changes. I'll be going to the Saturday evening show. (Can't wait!) I am just so proud of all these girls. They've put a ton of work into their dancing and it really shows. As for Caitie, I have yet to hear her complain about the numerous hours put in.. on the contrary she usually whines when it's time to head home! And she wants to know when she can get pointe shoes. Ha! Not anytime soon! (And thank goodness...the shoes are 4 times what regular ballet shoes cost!)

1 comment:

Stephanie Tang said...

Wow, she looks so professional! I can't wait to see her perform! The middle picture is my favorite. =-)