Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Caught Up

It's the 13th of January and it's been weeks since I last posted, I'm sure, so here's a quick update. I'm happy to be in a new year with fresh starts. I've made a committment to walk regularly this year and get in better shape. It feels good to get out and get moving. It makes it easier to exercise since I go with my friend Shara, too.

Caitlyn performed in the Nutcracker and did an amazing job! The show was beautiful. She was so disappointed to be done, but was consoled that her classes started up again in January. It was so nice to have a 2.5 week break from our routine and have Marty home more from work.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Mom, Dad, and sis and bro in law, and a very low-key Christmas. In fact, it was the most relaxing Christmas I've ever had! We did pretty much nothing all day and slowly opened presents. It even snowed! Jake said "Snow" for the 1st time and also learned how to climb out of his crib! We got the "big boy bed" ready, but now he's stopped climbing! I'm in no hurry to ditch the crib, anyway!

Now we're back in the swing of things, with the girls back in school and ballet once a week. Caitlyn lost her 1st top tooth and has a new look! It's so "First Grade" if I do say so myself! She had the privelege of losing her tooth at school (during math, she told me!) and she jumped off the bus with this plastic tooth necklace swinging from her neck. Inside was the tooth. So cute! She was quite proud but gets embarrassed if we ask her to smile and show off that gap!

What else have we been doing.....keeping busy, I guess! Seems like most of the day is consumed with keeping the kitchen cleaned up and doing laundry. Remnants of Christmas are still piled up in the loft and I need to get it put away...yet here I sit blogging. We just have too much stuff. Anyone else feel that way? I just don't know where to start sometimes with the decluttering! Well, I do know- I need to start with the mountain of toys that my kids have! Yikes! Where does it all COME from?

I am so excited to meet my new niece or nephew in just TWO months!!! Yippee!!! My kids are thrilled too. (Still they say it's a boy.) I just haven't had the experience of holding a newborn niece or nephew- in fact many babies at all- that aren't mine! I get to hold the baby- then give him/her back to mom and I don't have to lose any sleep at night!!! Been there, done that- DONE!

OK- I need to return to life now. Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

thanks for the update! would have LOVED to see the nutcracker performances. how sweet!

oh the clutter... yeah, needs some work. but when is there time to deal with that?!

Stephanie Tang said...

I can't wait for you to hold my little one too! 10 weeks to go. Do you think it will be possible to make it down while I'm in labor???
Looking forward to seeing you and the girls in a few weeks. =-)

The Scholl Family said...

I'll definitely make every effort to! It will depend on getting places for the kids to go if it's during the week. I really, really want to be there! And I'm honored that you want me there.