Friday, May 9, 2008

Open House




Open House for Caitlyn's school was May 1- her last day of being a 5-year old! It was so much fun to see what her class has accomplished this year! She made some beautiful things, including a journal full of pictures and writings. She's really come a long way and is a fantastic reader, speller, and artist! Here are some pictures from the evening; Caitlyn with her "Welcome to Open House" pictures, with her teacher, and her painting of a giraffe.


I was able to visit both 1st grade classrooms to meet the teachers and get an idea of what's coming up next year. There is one very noticeable difference between K and 1st: desks. That's when it hit me that Caitlyn's not a little kid anymore who's going to sit on the floor and sing songs and come home at noon. When I saw those desks, I have to admit I got teary eyed. But, I am proud of her and know she'll enjoy being a first grader!

No comments: