Caitlyn at her desk- doesn't she look proud? I'm sure proud of her, can't you tell?!
With her new backpack in the entrance to her classroom
What a happy smile- that's my first grader!
And lined up from the playground to start the day....
After I said goodbye to Caitlyn and Marty went off to work, I joined my friend Tammy and her boys for a trip to the park and Starbuck's. I don't think I've ever been to the park that early in the morning. There were guys weedwhacking and mowing the lawn! Jake and Brie had fun playing on the slides and swings with Erik and Jack. Then it was time for a vanilla latte and roaming around the nursery where I used to work. The younger two are content to sit in the cart and eat popcorn while we browse among the plants. I started to make a list of plants that will work for our front yard by the stairs. When we left it was only 10:30 am- I'm still used to rushing back by noon to pick up my kindergartener!
Jake took a nap while Brie and I had time together to color and read books. Wow, that was so nice! She's such a calm little girl and I could tell it was a relaxing time for her (and me!) I can tell you who else desperately needed a nap by 3 pm- me! Marty is taking a night class on Monday and Wednesdays and doesn't get home until 9:45 pm, so I need to conserve my energy for those, let's say "challenging" evenings where I do dinner, baths, and bedtime solo with our three little monkeys. My hat is way, way off to those of you parents that do this alone on a regular basis!
Aubreigh starts preschool tomorrow....I'll keep you posted on how that goes! But let's just say she is tickled pink to start school!


4 comments:
Look at her--- so grown up! She's such a cutie and looks so happy to be there!
I know what you mean about how nice it is not to have to rush to pick up a child by noon. Our girls (Kindergarten here is all day) leave the house at 7:40 and get off the bus at 3:35p. A nice long window to get done whatever I need to-- until next week when Brenden starts preschool. At least this year, he'll only go M-W-F!
Can't wait to see pics from Aubreigh's first day of preschool!
Congratulations to Miss Caitlyn!! We are proud of her as well as Marty for taking the steps to further his career and for Jennie to go three-on-one with the kidlings while Marty is @ school. Our prayers are with you.
Papa & Grandma
Glad to see she is excited about starting 1st grade! Now you need to put up pics of Brie's first day of preschool! Love you guys. =-)
What a cutie! She really reminds me of you. How did the rest of the week go?
John starts Mother's Day Out in 2 weeks, and I am pretty excited!
Post a Comment