Marty and I spent Valentine's Day at home, pretty much snowed in. Luckily there was enough yummy stuff on hand to make a delicious dinner and dessert without having to go shopping! We fed the kids pizza, and I made "Chicken in a Love Nest" (Phyllo-wrapped chicken & swiss cheese), and Golden Mashed Potatoes for our Valentine dinner. I also made, for the first time, Eclairs! They were not only easy, but delicious!!!! Highly recommended, and you can find all these recipes verbatim on Rachael Ray's website. By the time Marty and I got the kids in bed and settled down to our dinner, it was 8:45 pm! But worth it. I loved not having to pay big bucks for our dinner and tip a waiter, but then the dishes loomed high and mighty in the sink....sigh....oh well!
It has been snowing and snowing for the last 4 days, and while we're not snowed in, it is pretty deep out there (14 inches plus!) so it pretty much engulfs the two littler kids when they try to wade through it! My chickens are pretty ticked off and stay inside their coop. But the flakes are beautiful, and I've decided it's the most peaceful feeling to wake up, warm and cozy in bed, watching the flakes fall lazily to the ground.
No pictures to post now, sorry 'bout that, but we have been busy lately with some fun stuff. The girls and I went to my sister's baby shower last weekend- that was so much fun! Poor Josh was way outnumbered by all us girls staying at their home. I think Stef's pretty much ready for the baby to arrive- at least, it appears that way! She made out like a bandit at her shower and got the COOLEST stroller in the world from our parents!
So, on another note, if any of you Netflix or love to rent movies and you want something a little different, rent "The Best of Riverdance." If you haven't heard of Riverdance, they are an Irish tap phenomenon. Our kids (and us) are hooked on it! They are just sensational. So, if you find yourself snowed in, hee hee!, then check it out! I love almost anything Irish anyway.
11 months
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment