Sunday, February 1, 2009

Carried away....

Sniffle...this was bound to happen someday, and it finally did yesterday. My favorite little rooster was carried away yesterday morning by a red hawk. Sad, huh? Marty saw it happen. Out of all my chickens, he was my favorite. I wanted to show him in the fair some year. (Or rather, Caitlyn was going to show him in 4-H.) He was such a good looking fellow. :(

6 comments:

Priscilla Rynning said...

oh, Jennie, how very sad *sob* Living in the country really shows about nature's cycle of life, huh?
By the way, are you coming down for Stephanie's shower at Jill's in March??

Anonymous said...

Marty asked me to take care of his baby duck while he went to school (probably kindergarten).Of course I would. I made a little pen with some wire to keep it in one place out on the lawn. Ten minutes later I went to check 0n it and it was gone. I spent the rest of day in a dither and looking all over the place for it. Never found it. Guess a hawk got it. Ginny

The Scholl Family said...

Priscilla- yup, pretty sad. :(
But, I am planning on coming down for the SLO shower. I'm thinking of making it a weekend with just me and the girls- can't wait!

Ginny- Marty's told me about that poor little duck. How sad! He did love the little thing. How can one not? Ducklings are so cute.

Anonymous said...

That is :( and I think I know the one you are talking about because that was my favorite too. I guess the hawks are chicken because they prey on the smallest.
Love and sympathy,
Dad

Priscilla Rynning said...

Jennie, I was just on the Soderin's blog and noticed you!! How do you know them? Peter and Eric work together---as a matter of fact, Eric is picking up Peter for work tomorrow. Peter had left shoulder joint replacement surgery Thursday and can't drive for a month. Thank THE LORD for Eric's willingness and friendship. Eric and Andrea are SO nice and Noah is a real doll and I know they are SO excited about their new baby girl to be!! Can't wait to see you at the shower!!

The Scholl Family said...

Priscilla- hmmm, I don't know the Sonderins so don't know how I ended up on their blog! Unless I'm becoming a complete space case...