I have some awfully cute pictures sitting on my camera, including one of Caitie missing her two front teeth! But alas, our computer and camera don't like each other much anymore (Apparantly computer thinks camera is too old for her!) so my poor little PowerShot A10 (actually weighs a pound, I'm sure!) may be retiring soon. She has done so much for our family!
So no pictures in this post. Sorry. Any-hoo, here's some sweet things my kids have said lately that I couldn't resist sharing:
Aubreigh: Mommy, Jesus loves me!
Me: That's right, Brie, He does!
Aubreigh: He died on the cross, and then he goed back to life!
Hey, at least she's got that down...we'll work on the grammer later!
Jake: (lugging our kitten Mia around) Mommy, the cat is so cute!
Our little guy is talking so much, and crystal-clear sometimes!
Aubreigh: Caitlyn was born in San Luis Obispo, Jake was born in Jackson, and I was born in Daddy's office!
Well, almost....same city, but at the hospital across the street and not literally in his office! Egads that would have been awful! Not to mention no pain meds available there!
OK, I realize that I, as their mom, think my kids say the sweetest things, but I also realize that grandparents and other relatives will think them very precious!
Also, yesterday Caitlyn asked me what baptism was. I explained it to her, that it was a way of expressing to others how you have a new life now that you follow Jesus. And yes, sweetie, you do go underwater, but only for a moment. She pondered this for awhile and didn't say anything else. At night she's been terrified of someone breaking into our house or of a fire starting. I remember being afraid of those same things, and I tried to comfort her (it didn't work) then I tried to reason with her (Daddy built our house, it's safe, it's not fire season, blah blah blah) and finally, I found it. As I was reading my One-Year Bible Wednesday morning, I found Psalm 118:6, which says:
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
As soon as I read it, I claimed that verse for my daughter. Really, only He can calm her fears and help her feel His gentle presence. I wrote down the chapter and verse for her, and encouraged her to look it up. She read it and smiled. "Thank you, Mommy!"
11 months
12 years ago


4 comments:
Jennie,
it was so sweet to read your latest blog. I'm so happy that your girls are understanding these important spiritual truths. I love to hear what my grandkids are saying and thinking about. Thanks so much for sharing.
love, Mom
Oh darn about the DSL !!! I was so looking forward to seeing the kids on skype! Guess I'll have to wait a few months to see them in person. Hope you be buying a new camera soon:)
Love, Aunt Sue Ann
I so missed you at the shower today! Hope to see you when the baby is born though!
oh you are such a good mommy, directing your daughter to the Word!
Post a Comment