Nevermind that I'm always behind in my blogging updates..I try. I'm having one of those days when I feel like I have a million unfinished projects (don't we all!) and I just want to complete something. But not the laundry. Or ironing. Or the two quilts that are calling my name right now: "finish me!"
But I did all the dishes! My kitchen looks fantastic and will for the next 1.5 hours, I'm sure. After that, who knows?
Anyhoo, thought I'd update. Mia, our mama cat, is still being a wonderful mother to her kittens. We know for sure we have 2 girls and 3 boys...it's that last one that we can't figure out. Maybe a little of both?! I'm hoping it's a girl but don't have my fingers crossed. Some of the kitties have just opened their eyes but still look pretty disoriented.
Today I discovered www.pandora.com. Fantastic!!! For those of you that don't know, it's free internet radio. Just type in an artist you like and it creates a radio playlist for you- no commercials, either! I think I may be done with ordinary radio. Not that it comes in great here anyway. It's nice to hear new music and did I mention it's FREE?!
The kids and I have survived our first week of summer vacation. Some days have been good, others not so good. Today Jake woke up when Marty left for work (5:15 am) and bawled for Daddy. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to calm him down and that would be the start of our day. Luckily he climbed back into bed and fell asleep again. Whew! Later that morning we played outside. The kids have been having the greatest time making miniature rivers and dams. Dirt+water+ empty SoBe bottles= very happy Scholl kidlings. I cannot believe how easily entertained they are! But I'm thrilled too. It's nice to see them content with so little. I must say, and yes, I'm biased, but they all know how to be very creative and I hope this carries on for the rest of their lives. I did some outside play of my own, and planted some zinnias, marigolds, and 2 rose plants by the back door. I love marigolds. They are so happy and bright!
What else...hmmm..I'll post later if I think of anything else! Cheers and happy Friday! (I'm off to Bunko tonight!)
11 months
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment