Gottlieb and Eva Scholl together, and the family early onwith Mel and Tom- Marty's dad

We travelled to Ferndale a couple of weeks ago to remember the life of Marty's paternal grandfather, Gottlieb Scholl, who passed away May 12th. It was a quick trip but we are so glad we were able to be there. It was good to visit with family that we don't see very often: Marty's parents, sisters, uncles and aunt, cousins...if I'm forgetting anyone please forgive me, Scholl side of the family!
I never got to know Gramps really well but my husband has plenty of fond memories of him. The last time I saw him, we visited with him in the nursing home and told him we were having a boy. He congratulated us, but because his short-term memory was failing, he didn't seem to know who I was. He was probably thinking, "Marty's having a third child with this woman who I don't even know!" That's OK- he's completely restored now in Heaven and I'll get to say hello again to him someday in the future. He loved the Lord, and our daughter's middle name is after his wife, Eva. Eva means "life" and for those of you that know Caitlyn, she is full of life! Gottlieb and Eva were married almost 65 years when Eva passed away in 2001, if I am correct. I hope for the same long marriage for Marty and I, and for our children, when they find their lifelong loves.


No comments:
Post a Comment