I got a call from Caitlyn's school about 11 am, and the secretary said she had been reported absent. Now, I KNOW she got on the bus because I walk her down every morning and remember waiting there with her this morning. She even said a little prayer for me to feel better today (I was battling some wierd cold/flu over the weekend) and I waved goodbye to her as she stepped onto the bus and took her favorite seat on the right side at the front. She's a little creature of habit! So, this phone call made me worried. The secretary put me on hold while she double-checked Caitlyn's location. After two VERY LONG minutes, they found her right where she should be, eating lunch. I guess she had come into class late, and now I need to find out why! It's not like her to dilly-dally at school. (At home is a different story.)
3 comments:
oh my!! that would have been scarey!! so glad she's okay and not playing hookie!
Those kind of calls are nerve-racking. I am glad to hear that she is ok. That must have been some lunch that you made her! Same thing happens to me at work. After a good lunch I can usually be found where I had lunch rather than at my work station.
Love, Papa
So is lunch down by the tide pools by the "intake?" I hear interesting things get stuck on the grate! M.S.
Post a Comment