Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tooth Fairy Time!


Caitlyn's had loose teeth now for over a year. During kindergarten, she watched as most of her classmates lost their teeth and she wondered out loud to me lately, "Mommy, am I ever going to lose my teeth?" Well, today, was the day! Or, should I say, tonight was the night! She lost her first tiny baby tooth and tucked it safely in her tooth pillow that Grandma Ginny made for her.


Before going to sleep, she had a few questions for me about this Tooth Fairy person. "Do you know her?" "Are you friends with her?" "What's her favorite color?" And lastly..."What's her name?" We decided her name is Toothina. She also wanted to know what the Tooth Fairy did with her teeth. I told her that she would give them to me, and I would keep them safe. (Flashbacks to me as a girl finding my mom's stash of MY own baby teeth... wierd!) Oh, and to anyone that did not already know the Tooth Fairy was your own mother, I am sorry if I spoiled it for you!!!

6 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

cutie patootie! congrats, caitlyn!!

Stephanie Tang said...

So, I need to know...are you friends with Toothina and what is her favorite color????

The Scholl Family said...

Oh, yes, I know Toothina quite well. Her favorite color is blue. :)

Anonymous said...

very cute!

So do you know if the tooth fairy that comes to your house is the same one that visits ours? If so, be aware that sometimes she is a little flaky and forgets to pick up teeth, or rather, her bag is too full and she has to come back the next night. Just so you know..... ;o)

The Scholl Family said...

Caityn thinks that she comes and visits us, so for the last couple nights, she has put notes to the tooth fairy in her pillow. I told her that she probably wasn't in the neighborhood anymore as she had to move to another country.

Marty

Anonymous said...

Mommies are not always "TOOTH FAIRIES". Sometimes it is the daddies. Just ask Uncle Greg. I remember one christmas when he received pink tights to wear with his "TOOTH FAIRY" outfit.

Grandma Ginny