Well, we're in the full swing of our fall schedule here, and to be honest it's really nice! Fall is my favorite season because I love how things cool down and evenings get cozy. I love to use my crock-pot and adore soups and stews. Caitlyn's in school until 2 pm every day and Aubreigh in preschool 2 half-days per week. It looks like I'm going to get to work in Caitlyn's classroom on Fridays! Yay! I didn't help in kindergarten and it still makes me sad to think about that.
Our MOPS group started back up today and it was refreshing to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen all summer and to meet new moms too. It's looking like it's going to be a great year! Aubreigh and Jake had a great time in the childrens' program this morning and still won't take off their nametags! Brie liked playing kitchen and Jake had a blast running around outside. In fact, he had such a blast that naptime was a welcome time for him!
Caitlyn's been enjoying ballet and this weekend has her first rehearsal for.....ready....the Nutcracker! She is a snowflake and a rose petal. :) I don't know how she'll do when it actually comes to being on stage, but luckily she's in a group of lots of girls she's friends with who will also encounter stage-fright!
Marty and I went to Back-to-School Night last Thursday and got to meet Caitlyn's teacher and hear about what the class will be learning. We were also out ALONE without the kids! I know back to school isn't what most parents consider a date, but these days, I'll take it!!! I'm thrilled about the class she's in, and already she's doing wonderful and has retained all she learned from last year. Starting in 1st grade, the kids begin a program called Accelerated Reading (AR), when the teacher feels they are ready. The program involves choosing a book every week from the library and answering questions about it on the computer. I guess the goal is to evaluate how well the kids understand what they read, not just that they know how to read the words. Anyhow, Caitlyn began AR the first week of school and we're so proud of her! I know I'm going on and on but I am such a proud mommy right now! All that reading we've done with her since she was a baby has paid off and she just loves books. Way to go, Caitie-lynn!
11 months
12 years ago


2 comments:
Hi Jennie,
Thanks so much for the update. So glad the kids are enjoying their activities, and Mommy too! Tell Caitlyn that Grandma is very proud of her too - so glad that she loves reading!
Love, Mom
Hi Jennie,
Just wanted to thank you for all the encouraging comments you've made on my blog. I really think the curb walking helped put me into labor too! :-)
Thanks and God bless...
-Jenny
Post a Comment