
Awwww...this melts my heart!! Of course it does, because they're my kids loving on each other. What makes it all the more sweeter is that Jake pats Aubreigh's back and says "Ah-bee!" while hugging her, and Aubreigh's smile could light up a room.
I won't go into details about what these two have fought over this week, but let's just say I could fill a book! (Or a blog!) So moments like these are the ones I like to reflect on when I feel like I just can't take the fussing and bickering any longer! Can you imagine what it would be like if your kids NEVER argued? (It would be "Leave it to Beaver", right?) Sometimes I find myself saying I'm tired because of the endless dishes, laundry, and wiping up of things and little people, but you know what, I think the arguing is what really wears me out! My poor parents, I think I really wore them out! At least they still love me. :)
Jake's down for his nap now (ah, the peace and quiet!) after a trip to the transfer station and grocery store. We were all out of his favorite thing in the world....fruit. If he could, he'd open the fridge and help himself to a nice ripe peach or plum every hour. Well, when we were at the store and I was bagging up fruit, he reached over and stole an (expensive) heirloom tomato off a shelf and started digging right in. So now we have that for a snack, too! Aubreigh is my little shopper and LOVES pointing out everything we see, especially seafood and the produce. And it's most important to her that she remembers her purse, just like mommy. In fact, she brings so much stuff with her everywhere we go that she NEEDS a purse!
Well, my oldest will be hopping off the bus soon, and I'm guessing she will tell me a little about school before asking if she can have a friend over. Gotta keep that social life up! She had pictures today, so I wonder how that went. I told her she could choose whether or not to wear glasses. And speaking of which, I just ordered new glasses for both girls. With how often they lose track of them, it makes me nervous! It's hard to expect them to know where they are all the time when I lose my cheap, non-prescription sunglasses all the time!


4 comments:
LOVE the picture!! Tell them all that Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Josh said Hi!
Yes, Jennie, we love you more than you know. Sometimes, dealing with kids issues can make us stronger, wiser, and better parents. But as kids age, the issues change so you have to be on your toes all the time. They are making memories for you and Marty.
Please send the picture of the three kids at the top of your blog as well as Jacob hugging Aubreigh, who, by the way, looks just like you.
I love you,
Dad
ah, sooo sweet!!
what, your kids bicker too?! oh, good, i'm not the only one! :)
Hi Jennie,
I love the pictures!! My grandkids are so darling. Can't wait to take care of them in Nov. I love all of you. Mom
Post a Comment