Our little Brie is really developing into quite a person! This year, she has started two new things: Cubbies and preschool. They really seem to have pulled her out of her shell! But she's still the same Aubreigh- quieter than her siblings. I love to watch her pretend-play lately. She named one of her dolls Sara, and she carts her around everywhere, cuddling her with a blanket and offering comforting words to her. Today Brie claimed she was having two boys and two girls: they are in her tummy waiting to come out. After Caitlyn got home, Aubreigh told her about the babies in her tummy, and Caitlyn commented that Aubreigh should be careful how she was swinging on the swing (on her tummy, to be exact) because it could hurt the babies! Caitlyn is my practical one, and has never been much for pretending she's going to have a bunch of kids. Then there's Brie, my little nurturer. I have to admit, even Jake has caught on and likes to push a baby in one of the doll strollers. At first it bothered me, but he does like "boy" toys most of the time, and he DOES need to learn to be gentle. Maybe he'll learn a thing or two from his "littler" big sis!
Brie also loves to pretend she's changing diapers and using diaper cream ("She has a rash, Mommy.") shopping, cooking, and going to Rite Aid. Apparantly she finds my life pretty attractive! I'll enjoy the celebrity status I have in my own home for the few short years that it remains that way!
11 months
12 years ago


3 comments:
A little girl after my own heart. And it is good for Jake to pretend too. He needs to learn to be a good daddy. Nothing there to worry about Jennie.
Love to All, Grandma Ginny
Looks like I'll have a little helper once baby arrives! I got the clothes in the mail today....thank you SO much! I just put on the long sleeve green one to curl up in, but the sleeves are about 4 inches too short!! Bummer. I'll try on more tomorrow! Josh says he can definitely notice my belly getting rounder. I'll have to send you a pic. Love to the Scholl household!
Hi Ginny and Stef,
I'm not too worried about how much Jake plays with baby dolls. I'd say his Dad is more uneasy about it than me! We draw the line at him getting his nails painted or his hair done with the girls. :) Stef, glad you like the clothes! I think it's the first box of stuff I've ever sent off without Caitlyn getting upset. She was happy to know the clothes were going to her Aunt! Hey maybe that shirt can count as a 3/4 sleeve? Hee hee!
Post a Comment