
Jake has begun to help with chores!! This is fantastic for me, since there always seems to be something to do! Everytime I open the washer, he runs over to make SURE I'm not washing his special polka-dot blanket, 'Nonnie." Aubreigh also checks that I'm not throwing hers in the wash as well (purple blanket, also named Nonnie, and made by my dear friend Kristen for Caitlyn!) I know this seems like small potatoes to those of you that have older kids, but it's so nice when my littler ones can throw away thier own granola bar wrappers, open and close doors, put laundry in the washing machine, and carry their plates to the kitchen.
Now, when they can just get in and out of their carseats themselves, that will be a real treat! And if you know how small my kids are (Jake may be the exception, but we'll see) they will be in carseats until junior high! In fact, Brie just reached 25 lbs, and Jake, at one month shy of 2, is 28 lbs. Caitlyn, at 6 1/2, is almost 40 lbs. And speaking of carseats, I just bought Aubreigh a new carseat yesterday (her old one is in questionable condition) and it's pink! This morning, while the kids were playing outside on their playground and throwing scratch to the chickens, I set up her carseat and was embarrassed about how long it took me to adjust the straps. Really, I think adjusting a carseat was the crowning moment of parenthood when I felt really, really dumb. I had a rough time with it when we had Caitlyn, and I'm still struggling.. Parenting does keep us humble, doesn't it?


2 comments:
Judging by the smile on Sir Jacob's face, it appears that his nonnie was not in the laundry. It is nice when the kids reach an age when they can help you out. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Papa
I was just thinking today how useful, I mean helpful, Patrick is becoming. :) He set the table all by himself, put the dirty clothes in the laundry, cleared the table, de-stemmed the cherry tomatoes for our salad and washed the dog snot off the front window. He even cleans up his toys sometimes without being asked. And, he's super cute while doing it. What more could I ask for, huh?
Post a Comment