Boring blog title, I know, but seriously I think understated is best sometimes. When I woke up this morning to the alarm clock and Caitlyn snoring next to me I REALLY did not want to get up. Marty had already left for work and Caitie had been in our bed since the middle of the night after having bad dreams about snakes. Ugh. I would have crawled into someone else's bed too. So anyway, it's so cozy to snuggle with her and all I could think about was how I just wanted to stay warm and cozy all morning...but I needed to be a responsible parent and get her at and about so she wouldn't miss her bus. Luckily she can get ready fast. (I'm not kidding. Up at 7 am, on the bus by 7:21!) She dreads Wednesdays because her class has Music. At first my (musical) heart sank when I heard her complain about it, but when I heard more I understood why. They "just sing" (no instruments, no dancing- which is what she likes) and she thinks it's incredibly boring. On the other hand, she wants to start up piano again! We'll see where to squeeze that in!
After I dropped Brie off at preschool I decided to go for a walk with Jake. He loves walks, and we walked an almost 2-mile loop thru downtown. I didn't get to walk with my friend Shara this morning, like we usually do, because she had to take her daughter to the dentist, so I'm very proud of myself for going anway. And it was fun! I had Jake and my new iPod. Oh, I love my iPod! What an amazing invention! I find it a struggle to exercise without music.
Jake and I ended up at the park and he had a blast! For the first time, he was manageable there! No running away from me or trying to jump in the creek! He was pretty impressed with the CDC prisoners doing some destruct work nearby. I'm just hoping they weren't registered sex offenders. They don't let those guys near parks, do they? I'm hoping these were just guys who wrote bad checks or had too many parking violations.
Any-hoo, good day! I even put Brie down for a rest after lunch because she couldn't stop rubbing her eyes. So it's actually a QUIET afternoon! After Caitie gets home she'll need to finish up her homework and we'll need to review Awana verses before tonight. Wednesday nights get crazy, with us having to eat dinner early and get to church by 6:15pm. But the kids get a lot out of it and all in all, it's worth it!
11 months
12 years ago


3 comments:
So I take it you went with an iPod instead of a Wii?? Our Wii is still over at Josh's mom's and I don't miss it one bit. =-)
Isn't life great? It is great that you can make the time to get out and walk. Tends to clear my mind when I do that. Give everyone a BIG hug for me and have Caitlyn give you a BIG hug for me. All of you are loved and missed.
Dad
Stef-yup, went with an iPod instead. Really, you can probably guess I'm more into music than video games. (When have I EVER been into video games?)
Dad- well said, it does clear my mind to walk. I'll pass on the hugs!!
love, Jen
Post a Comment