Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New First Family


I happened to watch the motorcade for Barack Obama's Inaguration, by complete accident because Jake turned the TV on during lunch. No sooner than I told him to turn it back off, I noticed what was on. I thought it was going to be televised at night, not at noon! To make a long story short, the TV was on for the next 2 hours. I'm not an Obama-fan, but I must say the motorcade was impressive, the celebration joyous, and it made me proud to be an American. How exciting it must be for those 2 little girls to live in the White House! I can't imagine my almost-7-year-old, who is almost as old as the littlest Obama girl (Sasha, Malia? I get them confused.) living on Pennsylvania Avenue.

This President, although not favored by 59,000,000 voters in America (how many times did I hear that repeated today?) is certainly a prayed-for man. He has huge tasks in front of him, and we trust God can use ANYONE for His divine purposes. That being said, I don't feel as disheartened today as I imagined that I would.

No comments: