About a week before having her kittens....
Proud mama with her six babies!
Mia is proving to be such a good mother and seems to contentto have her little ones out of her tummy! She really
is such a sweetheart.
Getting some rest this morning...having six babies at once is a ton of work!
Miss Mia finally delivered her kittens yesterday afternoon! As luck (or unluck) would have it, I had left at 3 pm to help with the Nutcracker Auditions for Caitlyn's ballet studio, and I missed most of the births. Luckily the girls and Marty were able to see a couple of them pop out. Caitlyn was completely grossed out, and Aubreigh thought it was fascinating. I can really see her being a midwife someday! By the time I arrived home at 5 pm, Mia had 3 adorable kittens cuddled up with her. We thought she may be done, as she looked so content. And she is a small cat, so we thought, "How many more could be in there?" Between 5-6 pm Mia delivered the last three kittens. All of them look very much like their mother. I was really shocked that NONE were orange tabbies like the daddy. Course, I'm not an orange cat fan anyway, so this was a good sort of shock. We still can't tell fully what genders they are yet, but my guess as of now is at 2 girls and 4 boys. Not the ratio I'm hoping for, but whatever. We're keeping at least one female, and may have a taker on the 2nd female, but then again, that's 6 weeks from now.
For the meantime, Mia's twinkie-size brood will stay with her. Hopefully she'll continue to be an awesome mother and we won't have to intervene with bottle-feeding. (I've done enough of that, thank you very much!) And we'll keep you updated!


3 comments:
ahhh.... so precious!!! how fun!
The kids must be in heaven!! All those kitties to play with!
The kids are over the moon about the kittens, but they can't play with them yet...mama may reject them if we touch them too much. :( I just want to pick them up and pet them but I have to restrain myself too!
Post a Comment