Within the last week or two, Jake, our 2 yr, 3 month old, has been very chatty, repeating a lot of what I say, and adding "Why?" The first thing he tells me in the morning is "Daddy go work. Why" ("To make money.") "Why?" (Because we need to eat and pay for our house) "Why?"
Oh boy...at least he's a bright kid. He really soaks things up. Yesterday afternoon we were all in the car and saw a kid dart out in the middle of traffic and almost got hit. I said, under my breath, "Wow, that was stupid." Jake crowed from the backseat, "St00-pid!" And then he said it over and over. I explained that the way Mommy used the word was appropriate, but otherwise it's not an OK word.
Fast forward to dinnertime. We usually spend dinner telling Caitlyn to sit down. She loves to contort herself into all sorts of positions while eating, instead of just SITTING. Last night I started..."Caitlyn, SIT...." Jake finished for me and said, "DOWN!" We must say it a lot.
11 months
12 years ago


2 comments:
i have TWO that ask "why" all day.
(i love the picture--and the quilt!--at the top of your blog!)
Yeah, as a mother of a 2 and 3 1/2 year old, I too should have the "whys?" going all day...but Aubreigh has never been one to ask "why?" Now Caitlyn, that was another story! I guess God gave me a break from the whys between my oldest and youngest!
Post a Comment