Friday, March 27, 2009

My New Niece




Miss Natalie is such a pretty girl! It felt really good to hold a newborn again, all wrapped tight in that classic "burrito" wrap. She loves her hands to Stef had to put mittens on her right away. Look at her sweet dark hair! Aside from my own babies, I have never been this close to a delivery before, and I am so, so blessed to have been able to make it down to S.C. in time. Mom, Dad, and I arrived at the hospital at the same time and had some dinner together before going up to see how Stef was doing. It was interesting to be part of the "waiting room crew" instead of the one in the delivery room! (And that's OK with me!)
What really struck me about Josh and Stef is how calm they were when I saw them. Cool cucumbers....that's what I called them. Stef still had a sense of humor, even when contractions were only 15 seconds apart. Josh was just an awesome labor coach and I'm so proud to have him as a brother-in-law. The nurses called him a real "pillar." And Stephanie is my new hero! Welcome to the sisterhood of mothers, girl! And thank you, thank you for letting me hold Natalie so much! I can't wait to see you guys again.

5 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

she is just so cute! i LOVE her hair!

Stephanie Tang said...

Ahh, that almost made me cry (although a lot makes me cry at this point!) So glad you were able to make it down! I love you!!

The Scholl Family said...

Oh I know what you mean about the crying..I cried for a long time after Caitlyn was born (call me if you want to know how long...I'm embarrassed to say on my blog!) But I also think becoming a mother just makes your heart more tender, and things that used to not affect you can bring you to tears.

I am also SO glad I was able to be there to greet Natalie! Wouldn't have missed it for the world! And I love you too-bunches!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
I love the picture of you holding Natalie. You both look sooo beautiful!!! What a blessing it was to have you there - great memories!
love Mom

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congrats to all of you!!