Friday, March 13, 2009

Silly Caitlyn pictures




Here is our beautiful almost-7-year-old enjoying making a snow angel in our front yard last month. She had been dying to make one and was frustrated one morning when we walked (trudged) to the bus stop in the foot-deep snow, complaining that by the time she got home from school the snow would be all melted. (Ha! One foot...melted in six hours?) She got her wish when she came home that day. She wanted me to make one too, but I just had jeans on so I declined. I know, what a fun mom. BUT I did engage in a snowball fight!

And what the heck is this other pic of? Well, if you have seen the Denny's "Nannerpus" commercial, you know what the adorable culinary delight is on Caitlyn's breakfast plate. I even had to draw a mustache on him, just like on TV. Aubreigh was too freaked out of Nannerpus to want one made for her. Jake didn't care either way but loved his pancake breakfast! Caitlyn was very proud of her banana-octopus, but must have got her fix because I haven't had to make one since. Note those two missing front teeth and, I don't know if you can see it, those crazily-painted fingernails. Yes, she did them herself. Yes, I let her go to school like that. Maybe because I wasn't allowed to wear anything more than clear polish in elementary school. (In my parents' defense, that wasn't their rule....neither was the chapstick rule...huh Stef?!) OK, maybe I shouldn't make inside jokes on my blog, but come on now, is there anyone besides my family reading this that often? If so, speak up!!! Come out of hiding!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie Tang said...

Ahhh, the horrid chapstick rule! Maybe that's why I'm so addicted now. I have to overcompensate for my lack of chapstick in elementary school. =-)
Sorry I haven't called you back. I'll try my best to call tomorrow.

I am Katy, said...

Hey, I'm reading. But, I don't mind inside jokes as long as you're not making fun of me. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the snow angel!! Both as an angel and a granddaughter. I did notice the nails-- and remarked---"those nails"!!

Any photos of the kids in their Christmas Clothes?

Grandma Ginny

Kristen Borland said...

i agree with katy. and of course i read your blog! can't comment on all of them though.

and seven years old??!! oh my goodness!! i'm so glad you let her wear the crazy nail polish to school! :)

Priscilla Rynning said...

well, speaking from you mother's generation (even a bit older than her, but not as old as your GRANDmother---lol )I had to wear a dress over my snow pants---no pants alone ANYWHERE except at home!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the missing teeth picture!!!!